How We Use Your Medical Records
Important Information for Patients
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research; for example to find out more about why people get ill
- We share information when the law requires us to do so; for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioners Office
- For more information on the above, please see our practice Privacy Notice in full, which is available at reception and on our website click on the link below:
Data Privacy Notice - Updated Dec 2018
The practice is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. Registration number Z9111125. Our registration can be viewed on-line in the public register at ICO.gov.uk.
The Practice Data Protection Officer is Tara Moylan of Howbeck Healthcare.
Any queries in regard to Data Protection issues should be addressed to:
DPO.email@example.com or 01270 275217